Free Time Crocheter

A log of the things I have made, modified, altered, adapted and mostly given away.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Christmas gifts for my oldest niece and nephew

I made this wonder wave bolero with 0.75 grams of Ice Yarn Classic Angora on 4 mm needles for my niece Lucie, age 10. I had to adjust the stitches when adding the sleeves to complete the yoke as the pattern is not clear so that was an adlib from the pattern. I also added 3 extra waves in length on the yoke before decreasing as this yarn is thinner than dk. I used 3 beautiful diamanté buttons. I believe she loved it as my mum took a picture of her wearing it.  

This baseball style hoody is my creation for my nephew Charlie, age 9. I incorporated elements from 3 different patterns. I based the body length and number of stitches on this Eastwood pattern, the pockets from this Drops children 9-4 pattern, and hood from Drops children 26-13 pattern. I worked the yoke and arm decreases in one piece so worked half the body, the sleeves and joined together... no sewing! Decided on a zipper fastening so work 2 sts of garter stitch at both front edges. The feedback I had from my mum was Charlie inspected it thoroughly and showed his father, my brother, my designer label.. that caused a little chuckle! I used 8.5 balls of Ice Yarn Barco in khaki/green and 5mm needles. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home