Free Time Crocheter

A log of the things I have made, modified, altered, adapted and mostly given away.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Organising patterns

I spent the evening organising my knitting and crochet patterns into a folder of completed knits and crochet things, men's and knitting and crochet ideas. I was really shocked at how many things I have made for other people. I have written on the print outs who I made what for and I am shocked at how much time I have actually spent making things for other people also found some patterns and wondered where those items now are! There were a few disaster makes too which I unpicked and I found that reminiscent as well and have kept hold of those patterns wondering if I used different yarns would they turn out differently. I have a section of print outs that I would like to make and have yarn on its way for some of them. It made me really aware of a sense of running out of time to make everything I would like to and along with my stack of books to read, I have a lot to do in what feels like less time left each day. I have a lot of book-marked patterns I have yet to print off and a queue of those I like on Ravelry. I think I need to focus on prioritising which ones to do. I have not made short sleeved patterns yet and have 4 to work on for the summer in cotton. I am going to relish not making sleeves because I find if I make the sleeves last I tend to have the sense that they will not come to an end even though it takes me about 16 hours to knit one adult sized sleeve on 4mm needles! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home