Free Time Crocheter

A log of the things I have made, modified, altered, adapted and mostly given away.

Friday, September 01, 2017

Things I found in the attic...

I found these in the attic a few weeks ago - I sent my son up there looking for a large bag of wool I thought I had up there. These have been in there since 1998. 

I started the Victoriana table cloth in '94 before I found out I was pregnant - then started making baby clothes. I returned to it later on, spilt coffee on it, put it in a bag and forgot about it. It is currently over 4ft and I do not know where the graph is to complete it. The pattern was for a 6ft size - bigger table back then.


This is a square occasional table topper I made back in the 90s. I washed it with a piece of purple satin material I found up there and its turned lilac!

The knitted squares on this cushion cover are my first sample attempts at motif and fairisle in the early 80s. I made the crochet squares with the left overs of wool from the baby clothes I had made for my sister in 1983-84. My grandma used to send me parcels of good quality wool and I recognised most of the colours being babywear for my sister. :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home