Free Time Crocheter

A log of the things I have made, modified, altered, adapted and mostly given away.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Knitted jumper

I hadn't knitted since my son was 4 - so 12 years, because I started getting pains in my hands, which I don't have with crochet. I bought some new bamboo 4mm needles and found that I didn't have so much pain in my left thumb, though it still ached. I had a trapped nerve for about 2 years. I have since bought a full set of circular bamboo needles direct from China, called for in a pattern I am currently working on, and I don't have any pain and the work feels much lighter on circular needles. I have some knitted by labels which my mom bought me when I was about 14. I still have some left, so the label has my name on it.

This pattern is from a '90s Woman's weekly special supplement. The edges are supposed to roll. I really love this yarn. It's Paton's Fab. I used 450g on 4mm needles. It took me about a week to make over Christmas.... so much slower than crochet!


Stich detail, just plain stocking stitch with a cable raglan.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home