Free Time Crocheter

A log of the things I have made, modified, altered, adapted and mostly given away.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

T-shirt tops

Petronella top. I used 6 balls (300g) of Aldi Hoffer yarn in Jazzy Pink Glamour on 4mm  needles. It took me 3 days to make this one. I made the bodice longer so it is 68cm instead of 58cm so modifies the cms between the decreases and increases.

Call it Spring top. I used 2 strands of 100% cotton (2.5 balls Lesur Empress cotton in lilac, and 912m of Deres 100% cotton in lavender) and 1 strand of Bougainvillea in dark purple. (912m). This looks really nice when it is on! I extended the yoke by about 10 rounds to get a better fit. 

Wavy top. I used 5 strands of single thread cottons for this one to get the 5mm gauge. Colours: old rose, wine, lavender, coral and pink. It is soft and comfortable. I used 792m of each thread. 

I based this one on 3 patterns. Blue Grace for the shape, Petronella for the shaping at the sides and Lacy Sweater for the flower motif. The only issue I have with this is the bottom edge tends to roll even after pressing. I used 4mm needles and 5 balls (875m) Ice Yarn Cotton Blend in Navy.  I drew the flower motif out on squared paper to make it easier to follow.

This one is the Esther pattern. I used 4.5 balls (810m) of Ice Yarn Hermoso Cotton in royal blue and 4mm needles. I added 3 rounds of trebles around the neck as I found it too wide for my liking. I didn't add the bobbles on the sleeve raglan. I amended the yoke to make it longer - On back and front inc each end 15 rounds then every other round 15x = 45 rows. On sleeve every 3rd row 14x = 42 rows, work 3 rows straight. Increases on sleeve on either side of centre sleeve stitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home