Free Time Crocheter

A log of the things I have made, modified, altered, adapted and mostly given away.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Stripe scarf

I made this scarf over Christmas - it was the first thing I have made in 10 years, after finding my hook. The stitch is real simple it is a single crochet with a chain between, then next row you single crochet in chain space, then chain. I used up some old mohair mix yarn - the black and some recycled pastel boucle yarn on a 3.5 hook. I love it and have worn it loads. The hat was made with the left overs and looks like a beret - although that was not my intention!

1 Comments:

  • At 2/2/06 18:15 , Blogger DAWN said...

    Hi Liz,
    thanks for commenting on my blog about the bag I made. I wanted to answer your questions about the rings I used to hold the straps.

    They are D rings (shaped like a capital D) and in the states you get them in the sewing sections of the craft store (where the buttons and zippers are at). I attached mine by sewing them in place with the same yarn I made the bag out of-- you want the whole thing to felt, including the section holding the rings on. That's it.

    I hope that answers your questions for you.
    Peace~ DAWN

    Nice scarves, by the way.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home