Free Time Crocheter

A log of the things I have made, modified, altered, adapted and mostly given away.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Round Table Cloth

Centre/Stitch Detail
The Whole Cloth
My son with the cloth - it's 3 years older than him!!

I was mooching around at my mom's today, when I went to collect my son after school and found this cloth I made in 1992. It took me a year to complete, but I didn't work on it for about 6 months; I would complete a couple of rounds an evening, and towards the end it took me 2 evenings to complete a round. I worked in a factory making cast iron kitchen wares/scales at that time. It was the year I left home - so was broke and had a glass table that needed a cloth. I was even offered £100 by my supervisor for it, but I declined - everyone said I was crackers for not taking the money - but I am really glad I held on to it.

It was 2 different patterns from crochet monthly with a bit of ad-libbing in the middle; one for the centre and one for the edging. I must have used about 800g of No.10 thread in different shades of cream - because I bought one reel at a time (I was broke!), with a 1.75mm hook. It is 5 ft diameter. The only draw back was it got heavy to work on towards the end.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home